Thursday, March 7, 2013

Update

This is just a quick update. I went to the Perinatologist yesterday because they didn't see me on Friday when I went for my first ultrasound. I was slightly concerned because they called Monday and wanted to get me in ASAP. He read to us what the pediatric cardiologist sent over that it was  good prognosis, he also scanned and specifically looked at the brain, lips, hands, feet, and spine and said that everything looked good and normal! This kind of heart defect is not commonly associated with chromosomal abnormalities, so at this time we're not doing the amniocentesis or the blood test that tests for trisomy 13,18, or 21 and both the Perinatologist and Pediatric Cardiologist seem comfortable with that since there doesn't seem to be any other abnormalities. I will continue to be seen by both. The Perinatologist said his job is to make sure the baby is growing at a proper rate and possibly give advice to the OB for delivery, or whatever becomes necessary. I also have a slight placenta previa (which is where the placenta is over the cervix a little bit) which I think it should move up as the pregnancy progresses. If it doesn't it just means we'll have a c-section.

I felt encouraged and more positive after this visit, just that everything was confirmed and they all seemed to be on the same page. And that the doctor looked specifically at everything else and that both doctors were ok with not doing further testing. We are very, very thankful that everything else looks fine. I'm still praying that nothing else is wrong with her heart, I'm going to ask specifically at the next cardiologist appointment if he sees anything or not, but as far as we know they didn't find anything else last time. We go in a little over a week.

Thank you to everyone for praying. We GREATLY appreciate it! So glad that God is in control and we can trust in Him no matter what.

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for this baby girl and for her parents! Will you share her name soon? :) What an encouraging dr visit. Praying the placenta will move up. Love & Prayers!!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete